I've decided to try a new monthly tradition of writing about the kids. I'm a little late but better late than never.
Sydney-
What an amazing spirit you have. You're generous, loving and funny. Every morning you wake up and get your daddy first. Which I love! He makes your lunch and you drive to school. At school you are learning so much. You're counting to 100 now, learning addition and you're reading 3 letter words. You have your phonics down pat for the regular sounds of letters. Now we'll start working on "sight" words that you have to memorize. In about a month you'll get your first "reader". I have no idea what that is but it sounds like you'll be reading War and Peace, yeah? Your favorite book right now is the Nutcracker because Clara is one of your friends at school. In fact, you want to be Clara for Halloween!
Love some of the new vocabulary words you're using... appropriate is my favorite. I'm trying to get you to learn exquisite and plethera. But the fact that you understand naughty and nice, I can't complain.
You've rekindled your love afair with Mac' n' cheese. But you're lovin' the pears right now. You even tried my pesto fish this week. Yet, no matter how fine I chopped the white onion and shrimp for your quesadilla, you still found it and hated it.
Ethan=
You have two words under your belt... Uh oh and Booo (Balloon). And I just heard Boo today so it'll take some practice. You are climbing up the stairs and as of this week, climbing down them. those stairs are a blessing and a disguise.
You love to give love pats but sometimes they are in anger and become love smacks. After the 3rd one on Monday I was about ready to start smacking some baby of my own but I held back. It contines to amaze me that you and Sydney are so different.
Still on the bottle, sigh... I know, time for BA (Bottles Anonymous). But I do have youdown to 3 oz formula and 5 oz of milk. OY... how I want to drink your milk. You know, the fatty creamy kind that goes great with English Breakfast tea? (OK... just remembering I haven't eaten breakfast yet.)
You love veggie burgers, veggie nuggets, peas, peaches, puffs and grilled cheese sandwich. Not so keen yet on eggs but pancakes and waffles are to die for. Banana's are King here. You pop blood vessels when you see them.
Both -
Love each other dearly. Sydney tries to make him happy and ethan tries to pull her hair... it's a match made in heaven. Ethan has learned to get up on the couch and is trying to fling himself over the side so I have to say No a lot. However, Sydney follows suit with her own "No." So I had to talk to her about who is Ethan's mommy and the only time she can tell him no is when he's touching her things. Otherwise, let me know what the little stinker is doing and I will corral him. Hopefully that works out.
Love them both...
Mama
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment