It was a strange turn of events that would make any human being shake in their knees....
I recently inherited my grandmothers house. It's a quaint little thing, built back in the 1950's. It is a two bedroom bungalow with one bath. My mother and father gave the house to me because they were tired of the upkeep.
It was difficult to find and keep renters in this neighborhood. It's located in a fairly bad part of town. Once we took my grandma to IHOP down the street and she exclaimed, "I don't remember there being so many black people here the last time."
Upon receiving the house I found my grandparents had been keeping a deep, important secret...
They were hiding a treasure. It was worth millions and it was hidden like one would think of an old painting in the attic kept a deep secret under its visible layer... one of a skilled artisan. I had yet to discover the true secret but everyone in the neighborhood wanted the treasure.
I had to protect the house and the unknown treasure against the people trying to take it from me. So I hired the local gang to act as my bodyguards. They were surrounding the house and my own personal bodyguard would case the inside of the house every time we entered.
But one day I found myself without the entourage of safety. I entered into the house and as I was walking toward the back bedroom, out came a young girl of about 16 years old and of Russian decent.
"Hello," I said. "Can I help you?"
Timid, in a heavy Russian accent, she replied, "I'm your new renter."
"Oh?" And just as I said that I heard the closet door behind me open up and out came a man that looked to be in his mid-forties. And out of the kitchen came a man in his mid-twenties. Each slowly walking toward me. I looked back to the young girl and she had a look of "I'm sorry" on her face.
I quickly gathered my wits and said, "Oh it's very nice to meet all of you. I have to go get the baby out of the car and I'll be RIGHT Back, 'k?"
They let me past and as soon as I was out the screen door I was sprinting to neighbors houses knocking on doors hoping someone would let me in. Yet no one answered. Dread and terror were sweeping over me. I couldn't make my legs move fast enough and I felt for sure that my invaders had realized my rouse and were running after me.
I finally was able to find a bush to hide in and spy on my new house. I realized then that I should never have let my guards go. These people were trying to find the treasure and until it was found, I needed protection.
Night fell around us very quickly. In a matter of seconds the night sky was upon me. I could see these three individuals leave my house and they crossed the street. Oh no! Was I found? No. They lived in the house across the street.
As I hid in the bushes next door to them I soon began to see that they were the leaders of a mystical cult. It was a father, his son and daughter and a group of people. That night I witnessed a secret ritual.
This ritual began with standing out back in a circle and one person was in the middle. This person was digging something out of the dirt in the middle of the circle. What they dug up was the size of a doll. I realized that their cult had somehow buried a person in their back yard and it had shriveled in size from a grown human being to the size of a small doll. The cult believed that in order to survive, they had to consume tiny parts of this "person." And then it hits me... it's not just any person... it's the mother of the family.
And then I woke up.
Monday, January 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
lay off the sauerkraut before bed, okay?
Post a Comment