After about a month, I've finally invested in the necessary equipment to make a fully eco-friendly lunch for Sydney.
Let me explain her normal set up: lunch box, sandwich box (because I wanted to conserve on SOME baggies), baggies for carrots/fruit, yogurt, spoon (not plastic) and cloth napkins (cut from fabric).
My friend Cat suggested I look into Bento Boxes. Then Sydney complained that her napkins weren't regular napkins, she doesn't want ones that are cut up fabric (even if they are purple and pink).
So here is my new set up. I encourage everyone to reduce baggies or whatnot into our landfills.
Materials
Bento box (I got the pink one): http://www.laptoplunches.com/
Bento accessories (I invested in cutouts, silicone cups, seperators and picks): http://www.ichibankanusa.com/
Cloth napkins for kids (Fabkins): http://www.fabkins.com/ http://www.happikins.com/
http://www.etsy.com/search_results_tags.php?search_query=cloth_napkins
Here are some other sites I liked that give ideas on Bento lunches.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30578157@N07/sets/72157609275854562/
http://www.obentolunch4kidz.com/
http://www.aibento.net/
http://bentocrazy.ecrater.com/
I know I could have gone to Target to buy napkins, but have you ever seen anything so cute?? I purchased Fabkins, animals and fruit. I'm excited to get started!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment