I don't know what it's like for other parents but Nathan and I have realized we can't have adult conversations when the kids are around, much less stimulating ones. Our typical attempt resembles him trying to start one, Ethan or Sydney talking and me looking at the kids but trying to keep my ears on what Nathan was saying.
It's a lost cause and he knows this. Because after about a minute I look up and say, "Sorry, the last thing I heard was you were going talking to Bob.... what after that?" He responds with, "That was the first thing I told you."
So when do couples have stimulating conversations? You know... talk about something other than your kids?
We realized it was after hours, in bed. The time most people might be sleeping because somehow they've managed to either a) talk during waking ours or b) not talk at all.
But ours gets the added bonus of sound affects. We thought it was hilarious that in one night we talked about planning our move, dying easter eggs, his mom going to Hawaii and then farts abound. So I'm getting sound affects and my nasal passages clogged. Wow... not just adult conversation, but STIMULATING conversation.
The only thing that possibly makes this time MORE enjoyable is when I start farting. Because I don't do it often enough, they are more memorable. And that way, we have something to laugh at each other over, trying to keep our marriage in tact with adult conversation and a bit of humor.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment