My signs:
1) Sydney has limited her dress ups as Ariel and Aurora and Snow
White, not happening so much these days (limited to weekends). My window of
opportunity is dwindling.
2) A month ago, while getting Sydney's hair cut, a
mother told me about "Breakfast with a Princess" when they go to
DisneyLand.
3) Rebbekka at school told me her mom and dad took her to
DisneyLand.
4) My cousin and her family are going to DisneyWorld.
Signs... all around... compounding my need to take her to Disney-something. We live in California so Disney land would be a 60 minute plane flight and there's only Magic Kingdom really for a 5 year old (California Adventure might be a bit much for her).
So I start researching Disney LAND but somehow get stuck on DisneyWorld. More of a conscious decision because I'd never been and wanted to see what it is all about.
I quickly needed to start up an online chat with a "Magical Helper." Rather smart idea since I almost threw my computer out the window trying to figure out the different parks, the different hotels, the different meal plans... Do I need to be a "Park Hopper?" Do I need a Platinum plan or should I risk a regular plan? ARGHHHH, I felt like I was planning a wedding! (AND THEY HAVE THOSE TOO!)
OY VEY! When it was all said and done, I looked down at my projected expense and I honestly couldn't decide if I should take the trip or sock that money away for Sydney's Honda Accord I could then buy her.
Time to get creative. We'll just leave someone behind. Should we leave Sydney behind? Can't see how that would go down in 30 years. "Honey, I don't know what you're upset about. We figured you could go when you could afford it yourself. You would have a greater appreciation for it!"
Ethan was never even considered for the trip.
Me? I think not.
So.... since I figured it would need to be a 7 day trip, Nathan would naturally take the sacrifice.
Sorry? You ask "What about DisneyLand?" Laughing, hysterically. Sorry. Have you
seen how much fun Magic Kingdom, Epcot Center, Animal Kingdom and that Movie
Kingdom are??? They have a Bibbity Bobbidy Salon! DisneyLand DOESN'T!
Back to Nathan. I told him, "Honey, it would be 7 days. I can't go there and NOT see everything possible. This would require you taking time off and we'd all be away from Ethan. So I propose I take Sydney to cut down on costs and we have our annual girl trip. Then, when Ethan's older, and he won't require a trip to the Bippity Boppidy Salon, we can take both kids to DisneyLand."
He was so fine with that. So a week alone with a 5 year old. Visiting Cinderella, Tinker Bell and friends, Nemo, Belle. Getting her hair done at the Bippity Boppidy Salon by a "Fairy God Mother in training."
Pixie Dust is making me giddy as I type.
Shooting for the week after Thanksgiving. You know, right when they throw in some Gingerbread Men and Christmas decorations for an added Ooh-La-La!

1 comment:
We're avoiding the House of Mouse as long as possible. We plan to go once. So, both kids have to be old enough to remember it.
But then again Audrey doesn't know the Princess's names. She knows Pinocchio and Nemo. I think they would both cry to if they saw Nemo walking around the park.
Post a Comment