Sunday, September 06, 2009

Mature sibling squables

Oh yes, they can happen. Context: Ethan loves everything his sister does and has. Barbies, stuffed animals, strollers just to name a few.

S: Mommy. You need to have a conversation with Ethan.
M: Sorry? What? What do you need?
S: Mama. A Con-Ver-SAY-sHon. (As if I don't understand the English language) With Ethan. (You know, your SON.) You need to explain to him that my stroller is not his stroller. He thinks it's his and he wants it but I'm playing with it. So please have a conversation with him. (one hand cocked on her waist and the other hand is flittering in the air)
M: So you want me to go tell him that not everything is his and the stoller is yours.
S: *sigh* I did say that to him but he's still crying. PLEASE go have a conversation with him now.
M: Hey Sydney, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for not smacking him down and screaming at him.
S: Not a problem.

No comments:

Tcode